Dear Tea Party List Members:
The main purpose of this email is to inform you of our plans for 9-12, so they will be described first. But also see info about 9-4 in Oxnard, 9-5 in Simi, our new website, and our still-hoped-for Healthcare Forum in T.O.
9-12 – T.O. Tea Party – 11:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Park at 2525 Moorpark Rd., T.O.
Theme: Glenn Beck’s “9-12 Project,” all of us coming together after 9-11. We’ll have an open mic for people who wish to speak on this theme, along the lines of Glenn Beck’s five questions to Congressmen, and questions to the current Administration. (see listed at bottom).
How many signs can we make along this theme? Or anti-gov-run healthcare? (Perhaps we should avoid using “Obamacare” because it advertises his plan.).
Moorpark Rd. has a lot of traffic on Saturday, which includes people entering and leaving the park’s Recreation facility, so our signs will be visible to many people. When cars are stopped at the signal we can offer them our literature. Ours is a non-partisan event, in keeping with Glenn Beck’s early admonition.
Some of you may wish to drive to West L.A. after our Tea Party:
9-12 – West L.A. Tea Party – 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Federal Bldg., 11000 Wilshire Blvd.
This is a joint effort of Los Angeles and Orange Counties. They will have many candidates and entertainers as speakers. For more information, go to: http://912west.org/ http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=107607998457&ref=mf
Good news! Thanks to our talented and gracious member Jim Smith, we now have a website to centralize our information and events. Hopefully this will simplify the dissemination information to you (but it will take me awhile to get used to keeping it updated — please bear with me!) Visit us at: http://www.teaparty4to.com. Bookmark the page so you can visit it every day and tell your friends to do the same. Feel free to contribute your comments.
Healthcare Forum in T.O.
We had been working to put on a Healthcare Forum on 9-12 in which both sides would be represented, but we were unable to do so. Although we have found a church kindly willing to host us, it’s capacity is only 150-200, and we hoped to reach as many as 1,000. To date we still have not found a larger venue but are continuing to work on it. Although Congress will be back in session in September, the healthcare debate may continue until the end of the year. We must not slow down! And we can’t let our representatives vote for a Republican plan, because we’ll get Socialism Light, just like the Prescription Drug Bill that is bankrupting us.(Our own Rep. Elton Gallegly voted for that bill — we mustn’t let him do that again!)
9-4 – Lois Capps Town Hall – 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Oxnard
Ventura County Congresswoman Lois Capps has announced she is holding a community forum on the controversial issue of health insurance reform. The meeting will be this Friday, September 4th, at the Bethel AME Church at 855 South F Street in Oxnard. It will run from 6 PM to 7:30 PM. Co-hosting the event with the congresswoman is Pastor Robert Cox and the Ventura County League of Women Voters. The moderator will be Tim Gallagher. The event is free and open to the public, although seating is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis. Priority will be to residents of Capps 23rd Congressional District. There are only 250 seats in the church. Capps will review the current proposals and answer questions from the audience. People with signs or other distinguishing materials will not be allowed into the church.
9-5 – Simi Valley Tea Party – 11:00 – 5:00 p.m. Tapo Canyon & Alamo
=== From Glenn Beck’s TV Special, Friday, 8/28 =====
Speak without fear while basing it all in fact….we need to change the power base from the politicians back to us.
- Why do we need a civilian force?
- Do any of the Presidents advisers have criminal records?
- Why are you ‘grassroots’ if you are for but ‘astroturf’ if against.
- Do the czars have power? Who is it that’s paying the czars? How much money do they have? How much power do they have? Who do they answer to besides the President of the United States?
- Why won’t members of Congress read the bills efore they vote on them?
I choose to hold onto the truth before the party…both parties are screwing you. When you gonna get that?
In or Out 2010
- I believe in a balanced budget and therefore wil vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
- I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times; therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded
- I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal as necessary. [oil is assumed]
- I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore I will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and whyand vehemently oppose any measure giving any country, the United Nations, or any other entity, power over U.S. citizens.
- I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.
You bring these words to [the politicians]. I want you to take this to every place there’s a politician…and take an oath. Do it calmly…you tell these politicians you are either in or next election season, you are out.