When: Thursday, Oct. 28 – 7:00 p.m. (come early for Meet & Greet)
The CONSTITUTION TOUR BUS is stopping here!
Right here in River City — oops! – Newbury Park!
The Pacific Justice Institute, consisting of 500 Constitutional attorneys who donate their time to do pro bono work all over California, are touring the state in their flashy bus to educate citizens about that amazing document that guarantees our freedoms, our U.S. Constitution.
- Their sign-decorated bus will park in our parking lot as a Beacon to others!
- They reach out to children and young people — be sure to bring them!
- They are eloquent & dynamic speakers — bring your friends and neighbors!
- Educate yourself on the Constitution — so you can teach others!
- The program will last about an hour, with a 30-minute (or longer) Q&A.
When they stopped in
- Simi Valley Saturday at the GOP HQ, our members said 100 people came! “It was fantastic!” they said.
- Chino Hills at Calvary Chapel Sunday after church, 500 people came, including David Barton from WallBuilders. (David Barton, a friend of Pastor Rob McCoy, has spoken at Calvary Chapel here. We’ll let you know when he’s coming again)
- Newbury Park at Calvary Chapel Thursday — how many can WE pack into the sanctuary?
Their Speakers will be:
- Brad Dacus, Attorney and Founder of the Pacific Justice Institute
- Rex Ruth,who has a Master’s degree in the Constitution and in Bible history. His website is www.bloodfireandfaith.com
Their program will include:
- How the Constitution is not being followed
- The Supreme Court is not governing under Constitutional guidelines
- The importance of getting back to the Constituition to restore our freedoms!
We are VERY fortunate the Tour Bus is stopping in our town! and that Pastor Rob welcomes us to hear them in his sanctuary!!! After all, he speaks frequently from his pulpit about the Constitution and how our freedoms being lost!
Location: Calvary Chapel, 2697 Lavery Court, Newbury Park 90230.
When: Wednesday. 8/26/09 – arrive 4:45 p.m. (Theirs starts at 5:00 p.m.)
Meet: Across from Ventura Gov. Center, Victoria, near Telephone Rd.
What: Opposition to ObamaCare Rally – Union-members to be bused in
Bring signs! How about what reforms we want, this time, e.g..
“Tort Reform — not ObamaCare”
“Insurance Deductions — not Insurance Takeover”
“Cut Costs — Create State Competition”
“Give Un-Insured Tax Deductions to Enroll”
“Give MDs Tax Deductions to Treat Poor”
Saturday 8/22/09, 10-2 p.m.
Anti-government-run Healthcare demonstration
Los Robles Hospital, 215 W. Janss Rd. (off Lynn Rd.)
We continue working to organize our own Healthcare Town Hall in August,
but it is doubtful Rep. Gallegly or Sens. Boxer and Feinstein will come.
We have 6-7 doctors willing to speak, and would invite opposing points of
view to make it educational for all. We are working on a venue in T.O.
Be sure to bring a sign or two, with large, one-inch wide letters,
easy for passing cars to read. Key message:
GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE ANSWER!
(Ventura is having a demonstration at the hospital on Loma Vista,
same time, to make it a regional event, and Simi Valley will join us.)
Wed. 8/19/09, 7 p.m.
Simi Library, 2969 Tapo Canyon Road, Community Room
Simi Valley Democrats Hosting Healthcare Insurance Reform Debate
I don’t know how well organized it is. Their notice says the public is welcome
and they want both sides heard from. Ventura’s Carla Bonney says it is a
“Health care reform debate” and “The Speakers will be Chuck Rosen, past
president of the Ventura County chapter of the National Association of
Health Underwriters and Robert Hacker who is a regional director of
Providence Health and Services. Joe Howry, editor and VP of the Star
will moderate. The article says there will be an opportunity for questions
at the end of the event. (Let’s hope they allow microphones this time).”
An early description appears here:
I will attend, along with our prize-winning blogger, Eric.* We invite any medical providers
to speak, especially including those who spoke last Wednesday at the T.O. Library.
* Eric’s blog about last Wed.”beat out Dick Morris’ posting for number 1 on the national site.”
“Obama supporter assaults three physicians protesting universal healthcare”
TOWN HALLS — If you learn of a Town Hall, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! And if you know of people who live near any of these, please encourage them to attend.
- Tues. 8/11/09, 7-8:30 p.m. – Rep. Adam Schiff – Alhambra City Hall, Community Room, 101 S. First St., Alhambra 91801 (seating for 200-250 people). This Town Hall, we have been advised, is OPEN TO EVERYONE (see details below)
- Wed. 8/12/09, 6:30 p.m. – Healthcare Forum – Thousand Oaks Library, 1401 E. Janss Road (seating for 225 people). Hosted by Democratic Clubs. Guest speakers, proponents of HR 676 and California Sen. Mark Leno’s healthcare bill, will discuss the issues and answer questions. (See more details sent separately in my 8/6 email). If you want to come, arrive before 6:00, dress casually, come individually or in pairs, be informed and firm with your questions.
- Fri. 8/21/09, 10 .m. – Rep. Henry Waxman – UCLA, Korn Hall. RSVP Suggested. (323-651-1040 — www.house.gov/waxman). WARNING: It may only be accessible to residents of the 30th CD.
- Fri. 8/14/09, noon-1 p.m. — visit local Congressional offices *(House & Senate) with letters addressed to a Congressperson opposing government-run healthcare or (if in a visible-to-the-street location) with signs to send a message to passers-by. We will soon list those who are most likely to vote for a healthcare bill, to target them.
- Fri. 8/28/09, noon-1 p.m. — (same as above)
- Fri. 8/28/09 – Sacramento — “Tea Party Express” send off — bus caravan to the huge Washington, D.C. 9-12 Tea Party on Sept. 12 (a three-day event). A minimum of 50,000 people are expected, with coalitions building to include California issues, to build to 100,000 in attendance.